By Siri Kim McFarland
MRE A Period
September 30, 2010
When I started the meditation, it took a while to get into the right mood. I kept on thinking "20 minutes is so long, how will I ever concentrate?" But in time I was able to focus. I couldn't clear out my mind or really think about life's truths, because I feel that in order to know about life, you need to know about yourself. I decided to think about myself. I began thinking about my life, my relationships, and what I did. I thought about my family, and how I truly loved them no matter what. I thought about how I was when I was younger and how I changed throughout the years.I had trouble controlling the rush of emotions to my mind. When I thought about my mind, a flood of emotions came to me, sensations from the past that I really didn't take notice until during my meditation. It felt good to experience that. I didn't have any identifiable inspiration when I was meditating, I was just going through all my memories and processing them. However, through meditation, I ended up learning a bit about myself and about my past, which I truly enjoyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment